S. J. Schoen Jr, Z. Zhao, A. Alva, C. Huang, S. Chen, and C. D. Arvanitis “Morphological Reconstruction Improves Microvessel Mapping in Super-Resolution Ultrasound” IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, And Frequency Control (In Press) [arXiv]
S. J. Schoen Jr and C. D. Arvanitis “Heterogeneous Angular Spectrum Method for Trans-skull Imaging and Focusing” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 148(4) EL333-EL339, 2020. DOI: 10.1121/10.0002095
S. J. Schoen Jr and C. D. Arvanitis “Heterogeneous Angular Spectrum Method for Trans-skull Imaging and Focusing” IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging 39(5) 1605-1614, 2020. DOI: 10.1109/TMI.2019.2953872
C. D. Arvanitis, G. B. Ferraro, and R. K. Jain “The blood-brain barrier and blood–tumor barrier in brain tumors and metastases” Nature Reviews Cancer 20 26-41 2020. DOI: 10.1038/s41568-019-0205-x
A. Patel, S. J. Schoen Jr, and C. D. Arvanitis, “Closed-loop spatial and temporal control of cavitation activity with passive acoustic mapping” IEEE Transaction on Biomedical Engineering 66(7) 2022 – 2031, 2019.
C. D. Arvanitis, V. Askoxylakis, Y. Guo, M. Datta, J. Kloepper, G. B. Ferraro, M. O. Bernabeu, D. Fukumura, N. McDannold, and R. K. Jain, “Mechanisms of enhanced drug delivery in brain metastases with focused ultrasound-induced blood–tumor barrier disruption”, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 115(37), E8717–E8726, 2018.
V. Askoxylakis, C. D. Arvanitis, , C. Wong, G. B. Ferraro, and R. K. Jain “Emerging Strategies for Delivering Antiangiogenic Therapies to Primary and Metastatic Brain Tumors” Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews, 119, pp 159-174, 2017
C. D. Arvanitis, N. McDannold, and G. T. Clement “Fast Passive Acoustic Mapping with Angular Spectrum Approach” IEEE T. Med. Imaging, 36(4), 983-993, 2017
K. Zervantonakis and C. D. Arvanitis “Controlled Drug Release and Chemotherapy Response in a Novel Acoustofluidic 3D Tumor Platform” Small, 12(19) 2616–2626, 2016.
C. D. Arvanitis, N. Vykhodtseva, F. Jolesz, M. S. Livingstone and N. McDannold “Cavitation Enhanced Non-Thermal Ablation in Deep Brain Targets: Feasibility in a Large Animal Model” Journal of Neurosurgery 124(5), pp1450-1459, 2016.
- C. D. Arvanitis, G. T. Clement, and N. McDannold “Transcranial Assessment and Visualization of Acoustic Cavitation: Modeling and Experimental Validation” IEEE T. Med. Imaging 34(6) 1270-1281, 2015.
- N. McDannold, Y. Zhang, C. Power, C. D. Arvanitis, N. Vykhodtseva, and M. S. Livingstone “Targeted, noninvasive blockade of cortical neuronal activity” Scientific Reports; 5, 16253, 2015.
- M. Aryal, C. D. Arvanitis, P. M. Alexander and N. McDannold “Ultrasound-Mediated Blood-Brain Barrier Disruption for Targeted Drug Delivery in the Central Nervous System” Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews 72 94-109, 2014.
- C. D. Arvanitis and N. McDannold “Integrated Ultrasound and Magnetic Resonance Imaging for Simultaneous Temperature and Cavitation Activity Mapping During Focused Ultrasound Treatments” Med. Phys.; 40(11), pp112901-15, 2013.
- M. Bazan-Peregrino, R. C. Sainson, R. C. Carlisle, C. Thoma, R.A. Waters, C. D. Arvanitis, A. L. Harris, R. Hernandez-Alcoceba, L. W. Seymour “Combining virotherapy and angiotherapy for the treatment of breast cancer” Cancer Gene Therapy 20(8), 461-468, 2013.
- C. D. Arvanitis, M. Livingstone and McDannold “Combined US and MR Guided Focused Ultrasound in the Brain” Phys. Med. Biol. 58(14), 4749-4761, 2013. [Robert’s Prize for best paper published in the journal in 2013]
- M. Bazan-Peregrino, B. Rifai, R. Carlisle, J. Choi, C. D. Arvanitis, L. Seymour and C. C. Coussios “Cavitation-Enhanced Delivery of a Replicating Oncolytic Adenovirus to Tumors Using Focused Ultrasound” J. Controlled Release 169(1-2), pp40-47, 2013.
- E. Mylonopoulou, M. Bazan-Peregrino, C. D. Arvanitis and C. C. Coussios “A Non-Exothermic Cell-Embedding Tissue-Mimicking Material for Studies of Ultrasound-Induced Hyperthermia and Drug Release” Int. J. Hyperthermia 29(2) 133-144, 2013.
- C. D. Arvanitis, N. Vykhodtseva, M. S. Livingstone and N. McDannold “Controlled Ultrasound-Induced Blood Brain Barrier Disruption Using Passive Acoustic Emissions Monitoring” – PLoS One 7(9): e45783, 2012.
- McDannold, C. D. Arvanitis, N. Vykhodtseva, and M. S. Livingstone “Temporary Disruption of the Blood-Brain Barrier by use of Ultrasound and Microbubbles: Safety and Efficacy Evaluation in Rhesus Macaques” Cancer Research 72(14), 3652-63, 2012.
- Bazan-Perergrino, C. D. Arvanitis, B. Rifai, L. W. Seymour and C. C. Coussios “Ultrasound-Induced Cavitation Enhances the Delivery and Therapeutic Efficacy of an Oncolytic Virus in an In Vitro Model” J. Controlled Release 157(20) 235-242, 2011.
- C. D. Arvanitis, M. Bazan-Peregrino, B. Rifai, L. W. Seymour, C. C. Coussios “Cavitation Enhanced Extravasation for Drug Delivery” Ultrasound Med. Biol. 37(11), pp1838-52, 2011.
- B. Rifai, C. D. Arvanitis, M. Bazan-Peregrino and C. C. Coussios, “Cavitation-Enhanced Delivery of Macromolecules into an Obstructed Vessel”, J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 128(5), EL310-315, 2010.