C. Kim, Y. Guo, A. Velalopoulou, J. Leisen, A. Motamarry, K. Ramajayam, M. Aryal, D. Haemmerich, and C. D. Arvanitis “Closed-loop trans-skull ultrasound hyperthermia leads to improved drug delivery from thermosensitive drugs and changes the transvascular transport dynamics in brain tumors” Theranostics, 11(15):7276-7293, 2021
Y. Guo, H. Lee, Z. Fang, A. Velalopoulou, J. Kim, B. Thomas, T. Kim, A. F. Coskun, D. P. Krummel, S. Sengupta, T. McDannold, and C. D. Arvanitis “Single-cell analysis reveals effective siRNA delivery in brain tumors with microbubble-enhanced ultrasound and cationic nanoparticles” Science Advances, 7, eabf7390, 2021.
S. J. Schoen, Z. Zhao, A. Alva, C. Huang, S. Chen and C. D. Arvanitis “Morphological reconstruction improves microvessel mapping in super-resolution ultrasound” IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control, 68(6): 2141 – 2149, 2021
S. J. Schoen Jr and C. D. Arvanitis “Heterogeneous Angular Spectrum Method for Trans-skull Imaging and Focusing” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 148(4) EL333-EL339, 2020.
S. J. Schoen Jr and C. D. Arvanitis “Heterogeneous Angular Spectrum Method for Trans-skull Imaging and Focusing” IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging 39(5) 1605-1614, 2020.
C. D. Arvanitis, G. B. Ferraro, and R. K. Jain “The blood-brain barrier and blood–tumor barrier in brain tumors and metastases” Nature Reviews Cancer 20 26-41 2020.
A. Patel, S. J. Schoen Jr, and C. D. Arvanitis, “Closed-loop spatial and temporal control of cavitation activity with passive acoustic mapping” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering 66(7) 2022 – 2031, 2019.
C. D. Arvanitis, V. Askoxylakis, Y. Guo, M. Datta, J. Kloepper, G. B. Ferraro, M. O. Bernabeu, D. Fukumura, N. McDannold, and R. K. Jain, “Mechanisms of enhanced drug delivery in brain metastases with focused ultrasound-induced blood–tumor barrier disruption”, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 115(37), E8717–E8726, 2018.
V. Askoxylakis, C. D. Arvanitis, , C. Wong, G. B. Ferraro, and R. K. Jain “Emerging Strategies for Delivering Antiangiogenic Therapies to Primary and Metastatic Brain Tumors” Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews, 119, pp 159-174, 2017
C. D. Arvanitis, N. McDannold, and G. T. Clement “Fast Passive Acoustic Mapping with Angular Spectrum Approach” IEEE T. Med. Imaging, 36(4), 983-993, 2017
K. Zervantonakis and C. D. Arvanitis “Controlled Drug Release and Chemotherapy Response in a Novel Acoustofluidic 3D Tumor Platform” Small, 12(19) 2616–2626, 2016.
C. D. Arvanitis, N. Vykhodtseva, F. Jolesz, M. S. Livingstone and N. McDannold “Cavitation Enhanced Non-Thermal Ablation in Deep Brain Targets: Feasibility in a Large Animal Model” Journal of Neurosurgery 124(5), pp1450-1459, 2016.
- C. D. Arvanitis, G. T. Clement, and N. McDannold “Transcranial Assessment and Visualization of Acoustic Cavitation: Modeling and Experimental Validation” IEEE T. Med. Imaging 34(6) 1270-1281, 2015.
- N. McDannold, Y. Zhang, C. Power, C. D. Arvanitis, N. Vykhodtseva, and M. S. Livingstone “Targeted, noninvasive blockade of cortical neuronal activity” Scientific Reports; 5, 16253, 2015.
- M. Aryal, C. D. Arvanitis, P. M. Alexander and N. McDannold “Ultrasound-Mediated Blood-Brain Barrier Disruption for Targeted Drug Delivery in the Central Nervous System” Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews 72 94-109, 2014.
- C. D. Arvanitis and N. McDannold “Integrated Ultrasound and Magnetic Resonance Imaging for Simultaneous Temperature and Cavitation Activity Mapping During Focused Ultrasound Treatments” Med. Phys.; 40(11), pp112901-15, 2013.
- M. Bazan-Peregrino, R. C. Sainson, R. C. Carlisle, C. Thoma, R.A. Waters, C. D. Arvanitis, A. L. Harris, R. Hernandez-Alcoceba, L. W. Seymour “Combining virotherapy and angiotherapy for the treatment of breast cancer” Cancer Gene Therapy 20(8), 461-468, 2013.
- C. D. Arvanitis, M. Livingstone and McDannold “Combined US and MR Guided Focused Ultrasound in the Brain” Phys. Med. Biol. 58(14), 4749-4761, 2013. [Robert’s Prize for best paper published in the journal in 2013]
- M. Bazan-Peregrino, B. Rifai, R. Carlisle, J. Choi, C. D. Arvanitis, L. Seymour and C. C. Coussios “Cavitation-Enhanced Delivery of a Replicating Oncolytic Adenovirus to Tumors Using Focused Ultrasound” J. Controlled Release 169(1-2), pp40-47, 2013.
- E. Mylonopoulou, M. Bazan-Peregrino, C. D. Arvanitis and C. C. Coussios “A Non-Exothermic Cell-Embedding Tissue-Mimicking Material for Studies of Ultrasound-Induced Hyperthermia and Drug Release” Int. J. Hyperthermia 29(2) 133-144, 2013.
- C. D. Arvanitis, N. Vykhodtseva, M. S. Livingstone and N. McDannold “Controlled Ultrasound-Induced Blood Brain Barrier Disruption Using Passive Acoustic Emissions Monitoring” – PLoS One 7(9): e45783, 2012.
- McDannold, C. D. Arvanitis, N. Vykhodtseva, and M. S. Livingstone “Temporary Disruption of the Blood-Brain Barrier by use of Ultrasound and Microbubbles: Safety and Efficacy Evaluation in Rhesus Macaques” Cancer Research 72(14), 3652-63, 2012.
- Bazan-Perergrino, C. D. Arvanitis, B. Rifai, L. W. Seymour and C. C. Coussios “Ultrasound-Induced Cavitation Enhances the Delivery and Therapeutic Efficacy of an Oncolytic Virus in an In Vitro Model” J. Controlled Release 157(20) 235-242, 2011.
- C. D. Arvanitis, M. Bazan-Peregrino, B. Rifai, L. W. Seymour, C. C. Coussios “Cavitation Enhanced Extravasation for Drug Delivery” Ultrasound Med. Biol. 37(11), pp1838-52, 2011.
- B. Rifai, C. D. Arvanitis, M. Bazan-Peregrino and C. C. Coussios, “Cavitation-Enhanced Delivery of Macromolecules into an Obstructed Vessel”, J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 128(5), EL310-315, 2010.